GROUND SOURCE HEAT PUMP REBATE QUALIFICATIONS
• Residential members in good standing with the cooperative are eligible for rebates.
• The structure in which the member resides must be a permanent structure on a permanent foundation on the land owned by the member.
• Rebates are limited to eligible services (homes, lake homes, shops, barns, etc) that purchase more than 6,000 kilowatt hours of electricity from the cooperative on an annual basis.
ELIGIBLE HEAT PUMP EQUIPMENT
• Equipment must be installed by a certified dealer and meet the criteria below.
• Electric back-up heat MUST be separated from the ground source unit with a separate breaker.
• The cooperative many inspect the facility to determine if R-38 insulation is present in the ceiling and R-13 in the walls.
• Heat pumps that receive rebates may be subject to cooperative load control programs. The participant agrees to allow the cooperative to control the heating and cooling now or in the future.
• Rebates are limited to a maximum of 50 tons commercial and 10 tons residential per facility.
• DX (direct expansion) ground source heat pump installations are not eligible for rebates.
• Space Heating: The heat pump may be used to replace existing heat pumps, electric resistance or fossil fuel equipment in the home or facility.
• Submit additional applications for multiple units.
• The application must include all the information requested.
• Recipients of rebates may be requested to participate in a future survey by phone or e-mail.
• INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED AND WILL BE RETURNED TO THE MEMBER
• Please allow 6-8 weeks for rebate processing. Please keep a copy for your records.